Monday, March 30, 2009

March 30th - Cadboro Bay (#19 and #20) - back in home waters!

(#19) Mark and I set out for a morning paddle around Cadboro Bay. For me it was the first trip for the Cape Falcon F1 in Canadian waters! We were able to play in the eddies behind the overfall at Cadboro Point and also play in the waves in Baynes. The F1 performs well and I even got a couple of nice surfs in. I tried it with the Spirit line seat which was comfy but raised my centre of gravit a bit more than I liked and also seemed to press in a bit at the top of one thigh. After playing around at Cadboro point for a while, we went over to Cattle point where we saw a large otter feasting on a halibut carcass. We also ran into Mike P and JF who were running a level 2 instructor course. The tide was very low - as low as I have seen it since moving here. The keel of the Magic Bullet is still there… (10 KM) I also checked out some mooring floats on the way back in case I could get a number from someone who might want to sell one.


ScreenShot097 Moving water by the overfall – video clip


(#20) Dan and I set off for an afternoon paddle around the Bay. You can tell I was keen to get some paddling in before going back to work tomorrow! We went out to Cadboro Point and then out past Ten Mile Point and back. The tide was still low, and the tide was flooding. This time I used the “foamie” seat system and found it more comfortable. There are a few loose ends I need to finish off on the boat. The Spirit Line baidarka bags worked well. I also used the Feathercraft sea sock this aft and this morning and it worked well too. (8 km).


ScreenShot098


Total for the day 18 KM, 10 NM, YTD 184 km


No comments: