Thursday, April 05, 2012

April 1, Chambly Quebec (#29)


I joined Michel, Pierre and Fern for a paddle in the Chambly area of Quebec. We were visiting the Montreal area and Michel and I are importing Tahe kayaks together. We had a great paddle through le bassin Chambly, the Riviere L'Acadie and the Ruisseau Masse, some canals ,the Richelieu river as well as paddling in the Chambly rapids by Fort Chambly

Here is a video clip from Michel's camera:


and a photo of me taken by michel:

It was great to see some of the Quebec countryside and meet (and try my French on!) some wonderful Quebecers. I was paddling an Impex Force 5 that Michel lent me, which was a nice boat.
We saw quite a bit of wildlife, including muskrat, mink, ducks and gees, two great horned owls, a small black and white woodpecker and more.
We finished the day's paddle with a bottle or two of Blanche de Chambly!
Many thanks to Michel for organizing a great day!

our route - click to enlarge
toporama version of our track with names


22 km, YTD 364 km.


No comments: