Monday, May 11, 2015

May 8-10 Cowichan Lake (#s 40-43)

I went up to Gordon Bay for the weekend to test out the new to us travel trailer (Keystone outback LE 21) and do some paddling. I went out once for a short paddle on the inflatable SUP and then had 3 really nice paddles on the lake in the Trak 1600. I have had the TRAK for a year but had not assembled it! It was easy to assemble and performed well. I was able to keep up a decent pace in it and it maneuvered well. The first trip was to the north and west and i dropped by Youbou, the second was a shorter one to check out Goat Island, and for the third one I went east to Bear Lake.
The travel trailer worked well, except that the batteries were shot and need replacing.
click to enlarge

the travel trailer and the TRAK 1600

39 km, YTD 374 km

No comments: