Thursday, January 28, 2016

January 28th - Oak Bay Marina (#7)

I went for an afternoon solo paddle.  There was a bit of a SW breeze so i decided to hug the Cadboro-Oak Bay shore and paddle to the marina. As I got to about the 2 km mark, it started to rain quite hard and the wind became much stronger (making it hard to paddle around Cattle Point! The gusts at RVYC were up to 50 kph...). By the time I had made it to the Oak Bay tea house the rain had stopped and the dark sky had disappeared to be replaced by a blue one. There is a seal at Oak bay Marina that claps its flippers for fish! I was also trying to see if the pebble smartwatch did a decent job of recording paddle strokes. My initial observation is that it is not reliably indicating strokes... More testing to come. I also paddled without gloves for the first time in a month or so. It did not seem that cold!
click to enlarge
9 km, YTD 88 km

No comments: