Saturday, April 28, 2018

April 28th - Caboro Bay RVYC opening day and crabbing (#26 and 27)

I paddled out to join four other paddlers and many other sail and motor boats in the sailpast for the RVYC opening day. It was fun to be part of the event. After I had done the "sail past", following HMCS Grizzly,  I went out to look at my crab traps and determined that there were crabs in the traps! This resulted in a later trip... There are quite a few marbled murrelets and rhinoceros auklets around now!
click to enlarge
6 km, YTD 211 KM

After the earlier paddle I decided to take the fishing kayak (trident angler) which is stable enough to allow me to retrieve crab traps! (the whisky 16 was not so!). I came back with 3 nice Dungeness crab. You can see rom the track this was a pretty focussed trip!
click to enlarge
3 km, YDT 214 km

No comments: